Alternative Login to eCollege for Net ID accounts
While you are traditionally able to log in to eCollege using your Net ID, there may be instances where you may need to log in with the assigned 'native' eCollege account. This account uses your NET ID, but a different password. You will have to reset your password in order to use it. The steps are as follows:
- On ruonline-login, click on 'Forgot password/ Reset Password'
- Enter your Net ID into the username field. Click Reset.
- To confirm you own the account, an email will be sent to your eCollege listed email (from firstname.lastname@example.org,) which can be located in 'My Profile.' Please check your Spam/Junk folder. Click on the link in the email and you will be brought to a page with the below information.
- An additional email will now appear in your inbox from email@example.com. Click on the link in the email to set your eCollege account's password. This will not change your Net ID password.
- You can now use either link to login on http://eCollege.rutgers.edu
http://rutgersonline.net/login/ also uses these assigned credentials, and does not rely on the Rutgers network (If the local network is experiencing an outage).