The following demonstrates the steps required to create a development template course shell in the Rutgers Learning Studio (Pearson eCollege) system.
After you login to http://eCollege.rutgers.edu as a Faculty member with your NetID, you will be brought to the Faculty Dashboard.
- Select the link to create a course, copy a course, or start a development template.
COURSE TYPE SELECTION
- Select Option 3 to create a new blank development template course
Note: Individual content may be copied from other courses you have Professor access to through the Faculty Course Copy tool.
TEMPLATE COURSE INFORMATION
- Enter a title for the template.
Note: This can be changed in the course under Course Admin.
- Select the school you would like this template affiliated with.
- Select the optional Library Research Guide which will be loaded into your course.
- Click the Submit button.
CONFIRM TEMPLATE INFORMATION
- Review the course information.
- Click Confirm Request.
CONFIRMATION PAGE/ DIRECT COURSE LAUNCH
- A live feedback regarding the status of the course creation will refresh on the upper area of the course page.
Note: It is okay to navigate away from the page at this time.
- Upon successful course creation, the launch course button will appear and you can enter the course directly from here.
Note: You can also use the Go to Course option in the left hand navigation.
- Please keep a copy of the request confirmation number when referencing creation issues with help@eCollege.rutgers.edu.
If you have any difficulties accessing the eCollege system, please email help@eCollege.rutgers.edu or call 848-932-4702.