Rutgers Canvas Integration Updates: Turnitin & FacultyEnlight
Canvas has been recently updated to resolve technical issues with Turnitin and FacultyEnlight is now enabled for instructors to research and adopt textbooks.
Turnitin Integration with Canvas
Previously, some students experienced issues submitting assignments because the submit button was obscured. If an instructor added Turnitin as a submission type and it was not selected to "open in a new window," then it appeared in an embedded window below the assignment details. Some students were unable to submit to Turnitin depending on the screen resolution. Turnitin and Canvas engineers worked to resolve this issue. As a result, the tool was re-integrated into Rutgers Canvas.
We're excited to introduce you to the FacultyEnlight integration within Rutgers Canvas. This new integration allows you to quickly access all of the features of FacultyEnlight directly through your course.
To begin using this tool, enable "Research and Adopt Course Materials" and "Purchase your Textbook" in your course navigation by accessing the navigation tab in Course settings
What are some benefits of this integration?
- FacultyEnlight and Canvas courses are paired for a single sign-on experience.
- Seamless Integration with your courses expedites your course material selection process.
- Includes auto-populating the course information in FacultyEnlight and gives you the option to re-adopt materials.
- Easily submit your adoptions early to guarantee the best prices and formats for students.
- With single sign-on, students can click on the "Purchase Course Materials" link directly from their Canvas course to purchase the correct course materials.