MindTap Help For Students
Getting Connected to MindTap
Before you get started:
- Please make sure you have DISABLED the Pop Up Blocker in your browser.
To learn how to turn off your Pop Up blocker, use this link: http://www.cengage.com/lms_docs/system_check/popupsfailed/
- To check your browsers compatibility with MindTap, use this link: http://ng.cengage.com/static/browsercheck/index.html
- Please make sure to clear your Cache, Browsing History and Cookies.
- Make sure you are using the latest version of your browser, and if possible, please use Chrome or Firefox as your browser.
We recommend that you do not use Internet Explorer.
If you experience slowness while in MindTap:
- Please make sure you have closed any unnecessary windows and programs. Ideally you should only have the Learning Studio and MindTap running, this will free up your memory and CPU.
- Make sure your machine is free of viruses and adware. Adware especially can greatly slow down the performance of your machine. There are several free online tools to help you do this.
- Test your internet connection by using this link: http://www.pingtest.net If you receive a low speed rating this is most likely the cause of your problem. Please try to find a better internet access point.
Pop Up Blocker Exception List:
Contact MindTap Technical Support (for Students)
For technical support, go to: www.cengage.com/support
Call the Cengage MindTap Technical Support line at: (800) 648-7450, Option 2