Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Rutgers MediaSpace?
- How do I login?
- Who can use the Rutgers MediaSpace?
- Where can I get support?
- On what devices will my media play?
- What file types does the MediaSpace support?
The Rutgers MediaSpace is a cloud-based audio, image, and video distribution service enabling community, collaboration and social activities.
You will need the following information to successfully login to your Rutgers MediaSpace account:
- Your Rutgers NetID
- Your password for your NetID
- The RMS URL: http://mediaspace.rutgers.edu/
- To login:
- Open the RMS URL in your favorite web browser
- Click on either ‘My Media’ or ‘Guest’ in the upper right corner.
- RMS uses Single Sign-On, so if you are already logged in somewhere else, you will be taken straight into the ‘My Media’ tab, if not, you’ll be taken to the login page.
- Enter your credentials and click ‘login.’
- You should now see your name appear on the upper right corner of the page.
The use of this system for adding content is limited to Rutgers University faculty and staff. Viewing can be individually set per item to be available to the world.
Support is provided by the Center for Online and Hybrid Learning & Instructional Technologies (COHLIT). Please email EdMedia@docs.rutgers.edu or contact the Rutgers Online Help Desk at 848-932-4702 during normal business hours to speak with a specialist.
RMS is both desktop and mobile friendly. The files will play back on any device capable of viewing other online videos.