LearningStudio Tool Integrator
LearningStudio Tool Integrator makes it easier to integrate external content from a third party provider into the course experience.
We have automated a formerly manual process. Now, integrated items take on a more native course feel. Instructors and course content authors can create “external content or tools” as content items. The Tool Integrator will associate content with specific third-party tools that are activated for the institution and integrate them into the course in the same fashion as a threaded discussion or exam item. Instructors can also choose whether the content is launched in a new window or within the course frame.
Available right now:
- Full LTI integration with choice for how to open the tool (My Voice, Course View, Single VT.)
- Chose different options each time you add a new VT item through the integrator.
- B&N Instructor Bookstore
- Also known as FacultyEnlight.
- Adopt your course texts and link them directly to your course.
- B&N Student Bookstore
- Give your students a direct link to purchase the correct book linked to your course.
- B&N Yuzu
- If there is an electronic version of your textbook, make it available to your students through Yuzu.
- Easily adopt a blog/podcast/portfolio tool for your course to engage your students.
- This is the same as the notifications tool on the top toolbar, but allows you to list the tool directly in your navigation for better visablitiy.
How do I use it?
- The tool name can be customized. Select from the item type dropdown menu, 'External Tool.'
- Navigate to the content item you created, in Author mode, and select the tool you would like to use.
Note: You cannot change this select after it has been made.
- Choose if the tool should open 'in a frame' or 'in a new window'
Note: We recommend 'In a frame', but some tools can only be opened in a new window.
- Submit your selection, and navigate to 'Course mode' to use the tool.
What to expect:
- Use of LTI integrations.
- Future integrations with third party tools that have LTI integrations will be available as requested. Tools can be specific to a school. The requester at Rutgers will need to have an aggreement in place with the third party tool.