COHLIT provides many training opportunities, to support Rutgers faculty. We offer frequent training sessions in the tools available for online instructors, as well as more extended professional development courses. Please consult any of the pages linked below to see more detail on our offerings.
Faculty Training Workshops
You can register for free, hands on faculty training workshops, which we offer on a wide variety of topics, including how to use the Canvas and eCollege learning management systems, how to use third party tools such as Kaltura MediaSpace and Turnitin, and online course design issues such as how to use copyrighted materials or how to make your materials universal and accessible.
One-on-one help sessions are also available to aid with specific topics or problems.
Online Teaching Certificate Program Courses
COHLIT offers a set of four non-credit courses, focused on online teaching issues:
- Fundamentals of Designing and Teaching Online Courses
- Video Voyages: The Basics of Using Video in Online Courses
- Absorb, Do, Connect: Technologies to Present, Experience, and Collaborate
- Accessibility and Compliance in Online Education
You can register for any of these Online Teaching Certificate courses, which are offered on a rotating basis throughout the year. Each one takes four to six weeks to complete, and offers a chance to consider the topics in-depth and exchange ideas with fellow participants.
Self-paced resources and tutorials
- Our Resource Center includes technical and pedagogical support materials and how-to pages.
- The Faculty Training Workshops page also contains links to webcasts of Training Workshop webinars, below the descriptions of each session.